Hello, I’m Adri Mars.
Welcome to my newly rebuilt fiction, fanfiction, prose, and (fiction) book reviews blog! This is the reconstructed version of my previous blog of the same nature, AdriMars.ME, but with a different URL. 1 Although it’s a slightly different URL now, the site still functions the same as the previous.
The site will contain the following:
- Highlights regarding the latest fiction and/or fanfiction that I’m currently working on.
- Highlights regarding anything related to the literary world. That also includes fan-based work.
- Fiction book reviews. Sometimes I will review a select few manga, graphic novels, and on rare occasions, TV shows and movies.
- More to come.
I changed the URL because…
There had been some unexplainable system issues with AdriMars.ME that even I as a WordPress developer couldn’t figure out. Even the server tech support can’t figure out why I’ve been having this particular problem. 2
I’m not really bummed out that I’ve lost everything I’ve written since 2014 (the first time AdriMars.ME was first opened). In fact, I feel super-refreshed that I get to start over. I feel that when I restart fresh and new, the more I get a lot inspired.
A bit more about me
So, based on the mini-profile at the bottom right widget, you can tell that I am openly a nerdette. 3 I like to create and build things, whether they’re arts, crafts, websites, or coding mini-programs. I consider myself more as a creator than a manager, but management skills in general really help me more organized with the things I needed to do.
I have been writing fiction since I was around 10 or 11 years old, but around that time, my English writing skills were not exactly basic English level. 4 I taught myself how to speak and write English through writing (beginner) stories that aren’t really stories. I just had a beginning, a middle, and an end. But, the more I started reading books, watched more TV, and most of all, played a lot of video games, the more I fell in love with just story writing in general. When the internet started booming back in the late ’90s, I discovered fanfiction, and I began to delve into fanfiction since then.
And from fanfiction comes original fiction. However, I still have yet to complete one. Participating in NaNoWriMo really helps me in completing at least a rough draft. Even then, the revision part is the hardest, because right in the middle of it, I easily lose interest. Lately, because of my web development studies, I haven’t been participating in NaNoWriMo for two years now. Still, I enjoy taking my time in crafting stories, fiction or fanfiction.
Because I am a web developer, this writing blog isn’t the only site that I own. You can also visit my other sites and blogs if you want to see the non-writer side of me:
Where to find my stories?
I don’t upload my stories here because I know I won’t be able to get a lot of readers if I only post them here on this blog. I do talk about them, such as background info, research, etc., but other than that, the actual stories are on other literature-hosting sites.
NaNoWriMo Winner Awards ... and counting
On the sidenote . . .
- Instead of the .me extension, it’s replaced with .ink
- It keeps giving me this “reset” error whenever I try to get on my Dashboard page. Not even deactivating/deleting all my plugins via remote FTP wasn’t working for me. Besides, I have been planning on rebuilding the site from the ground up anyway with nothing to be saved.
- Not making a pun on purpose here…
- My family and I immigrated to the U.S. from the Philippines some 30 years ago…